Check these fun people out:
This is absolutely freaking horrifying. Not only are they a group that:
– supports measures in Uganda that can kill homosexuals for certain offenses
– intend to dominate and erase all other religions
– think all non-Christians are influenced by demons
– and even more…
But not only this, they’re showing support for Rick Perry. A presidential candidate. Running for President. Of here.
Am I the only one getting nervous?
Maybe I’ve read too many dystopia novels, but I know how people build up to lines and then just jump across them. This is the reasoning I can easily imagine:
1. Non-Christians are under the influence of demons.
2. Non-Christians are demons.
3. Non-Christians should be killed for the greater good.
Maybe I’m overreacting. I hope I am. But if this group gains power, I fear for the future. The future that they and I have very different hopes for.